Certificate in Training and Development (CTD)
What are the benefits of becoming a qualified trainer?
There are many benefits to obtaining a training and development qualification. It can help you to:
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market. Employers are increasingly looking for candidates with formal training in training and development, as this shows they have the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively design, deliver and evaluate training programs.
- Develop your career. As you progress in your career, you may be required to take on more responsibility for designing and delivering training programs. A qualification can give you the confidence and skills you need to take on these challenges.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in the field. The field of training and development is constantly evolving, and a qualification can help you to ensure that you have the knowledge and skills necessary to meet the needs of your organization.
CTD Training Qualification Programme
Our Certificate in Training and Development qualification is a great way to achieve a full professional training qualification. This is a full professional training qualification that you can study in your own time and at your own pace through our online learning platform.
You will be awarded the Certificate in Training and Development, which gives you membership of the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning at full member level and entitles you to use the letters MITOL (Member of the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning) after your name.
This training qualification is equivalent to QCF Level 4 and EQF Level 5.
We segmented the qualification into 11 distinct modules. Each module works towards one or more outcome.
Module 1 – Training Policy
- Identify the purpose of the organisation’s training policy
- Produce an outline policy for a given organisation
Module 2 – How People Learn
- Identify the different ways people like to learn
- Identify your own preferred learning styles
Module 3 – Identifying Learning Needs
- Identify learning needs at organisational, group and individual levels
Module 4 – The Design Framework
- Write behaviour based training objectives which are measurable
- Use a structural framework to design effective training, which includes all learning styles
- Create activity based assessment processes against each training objective
- Cost training requirements
Module 5 – Adding Detail to the Design
- Create visual aids to support the learning process
Module 6 – Cultural Diversity
- Monitor and maintain cultural diversity within your training
Module 7 – Becoming Learner Centred
- Facilitate learning in groups
Module 8 – The Evaluation Process
- Carry out and evaluation on a given piece of training
Module 9 – Course Walk Through
- Carry out an effective walk through of a real training session to ensure all learning styles have been considered and the session will effectively achieve its objectives
Module 10 – Feedback
- Create a set of rules for giving feedback to learners on your training sessions
Module 11 – Managing Difficult Learners
- Identify a process for managing difficult learners
Online CTD Training Qualification Success Criteria
In order to qualify for the award of a Certificate in Training and Development, you must:
- Complete this training qualification programme, including all the activities
- Maintain an online reflective learning journal that has been assessed as satisfactory by the course assessor
- Upload a video of you delivering a training session to demonstrate your learner centred training skills, that has been assessed as satisfactory by the course assessor. This will include:
- Carrying out a facilitated group learning process involving activities and the giving of feedback
- Complete and upload a written assignment relating to the programme. The assignment will show your understanding and application of an aspect of the learning contained within the CTD Online Training Qualification programme.