Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals
This facilitation skills qualification provides a practical programme for experienced learning professionals who are seeking to develop their skills in the area of observation and intervention. It is a natural follow-on from the Certificate in Training and Development as attendees will develop their group management, intervention and facilitation skills.
The programme will provide in-depth pragmatic learning and the opportunity to practise a range of intervention methods using proven models of group and individual behaviour and areas of relevant psychology.
The facilitation skills programme will also enhance professional credibility and increase ability and confidence. It will provide a depth of knowledge, understanding and expertise to enable proactive interventions and support, which add value to the organisation or client.
The content will develop specialist skills that enhance skills already developed as trainers. It will enable individuals to develop their specialist careers to the next natural level.
Who Should Attend this Facilitation Skills Qualification?
This programme follows on from the Certificate in Training and Development. Potential candidates for this qualification should normally complete the Certificate in Training and Development first. However, if they can prove that they have existing relevant experience that provides equivalent skill development then they may be accepted directly onto the facilitation Skills programme.
This qualification is recommended for the following groups of people:
- Those with a full time training, or learning and development role seeking to progress their career as a hands on practitioner.
- Those with considerable experience in training and development who wish to consolidate their knowledge and skills with a relevant qualification
- Those wishing to establish a strong basis to move onto more advanced qualifications
- Those needing to develop group and individual observation and intervention skills to enable them to become more effective within their job role.
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- Identify the key benefits of Facilitation
- Facilitate a given activity to achieve a set of behavioural objectives
- Facilitate a group discussion to enable the group to reach their own conclusions
- Manage a group situation using a range of appropriate models and intervention styles
- Utilise relevant areas of group psychology as part of the facilitation process
- Develop your understanding of specific models of behaviour to identify how to manage individuals
- Create and implement a personal development plan to develop your facilitation skills
In order to qualify for the award of a Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals you must:
- Fully attend and complete the programme
- Maintain a reflective facilitation journal that has been assessed as satisfactory by the Programme Leader
- Demonstrate a range of facilitation skills during the programme that have been assessed as satisfactory by the Programme Leader. These will include carrying out a facilitated group activity and facilitating a group discussion
- Carry out a minimum of three live group facilitation activities which will be recorded in your reflective facilitation journal
- Demonstrate a high level of self-awareness (Emotional Intelligence) and effects of your own behaviour on others throughout the programme
- Complete an assignment relating to the programme. The precise nature of the assignment and the criteria for assessment are to be determined by the group with appropriate guidance by the Programme Leader. Initial assessment and feedback will be undertaken by the group, led by the Programme Leader, with final marking by the Programme Director.
The programme consists of 2 x 2 day modules with agreed activities between modules and a final assignment.
Click for a full course outline of the Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals
Contact us for a quote for delivering this course in-company.