This 2 day Training Techniques course is aimed at those who need to train as part of their job. It is also aimed at those who want to develop their training skills at a foundation level and who are relatively new to training.
The course will provide trainers with the basic skills and knowledge needed to design, deliver and evaluate their own training sessions. Emphasis will be on developing interactive training techniques to engage and stimulate the learners.
Who should attend
Anyone required to conduct off or on the job training, whether on a full-time or part-time basis, in industry, commerce or the public sector.
Training Techniques – Course Objectives
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify factors affecting the learning process including the implications of their own learning style
- Write learning aims and objectives in accordance with best practice
- Instruct on a one to one or small group basis using appropriate demonstration and constructive feedback skills
- Facilitate a group training session which uses activities such as role play, simulation or group discussion
- Assess and evaluate immediate learning.
Training Techniques – Specific course content
- How people learn
- Writing objectives
- Assessing the learning
- Delivery skills
- Use of visual aids
- Running group activities
- Training delivery practise
There will be a maximum of 6 participants to one facilitator
Duration: 2 days
Training Techniques – Delivery Style
The Training Techniques course facilitator will use a combination of delivery techniques to enable attendees to experience different styles. Each style will relate to the different learning styles identified by Honey and Mumford.
Attendees on the Training Techniques course will be given the opportunity to practise interactive and participative delivery techniques.
Each attendee will create and deliver a short training session during the course which will be filmed. A copy of their session will be ;provided to them on a DVD following the course.