Many staff do not understand their role in the performance review/annual appraisal and often they feel that it is an opportunity for their managers to ‘have a go’. Research has shown that if your people are trained in their role in the review, both the effectiveness of performance review systems and individual motivation are increased.
Appraisee Skills Course Content:
- The purpose of the performance review
- Your role in the review: planning and preparation
- Putting a case together: adding value, cost benefit analysis, payback
- Giving and receiving feedback: how to package what you say
- Agreeing goals to develop
Training will be a mixture of theory input, discussion groups and syndicate group work using video cameos. Each course participant will receive a folder with handouts as reference following the course.
Suggested course outline:
- Course introduction
Icebreaker and introductions
- The Purpose of the Performance Review
A discussion regarding what’s in it for me?
What do I want?
Video: Feedback Techniques (Fenman)
Applying feedback to motivate
Activity: Feedback practice
Activity: Listening skills
Agreeing objectives for your future
- Questions and Summary
Please select an option below for more information.
A typical course
- Feedback Skills
- Appraisee Skills
- Agreeing Effective Objectives
- Repertory Grid For Job Analysis and Review
- The Psychology of Managing Performance
- Supporting The Performance Management Process
For more information about our tailored training courses
call 01604 810 801 or click here to contact us