How can I learn new skills as an interviewee?
If you are looking for a job, taking a job interview skills course can be a great way to improve your chances of success.
Here are some of the benefits of taking a job interview skills course:
- Increased confidence: Job interview skills courses can help you feel more confident in your ability to perform well in an interview. This is because you will learn how to prepare for an interview, answer common interview questions, and present yourself professionally.
- Improved interview skills: Job interview skills courses can help you improve your interview skills by teaching you how to answer common interview questions, build rapport with an interviewer, and follow up after an interview.
- Increased chances of getting hired: Job interview skills courses can help you increase your chances of getting hired by teaching you how to make a good impression on an interviewer and how to sell yourself to a potential employer.
Training often focuses on the skills required to be an effective interviewer, yet what if you are in the position of looking for a job and are unsure of how you come across as an interviewee?
Interviewee Skills Workshop
This one day workshop is a practical introduction into the entire process of applying to a company, from CV and application form completion to looking at body language signals during the interview itself.
The course content and duration is dependant upon the specific needs of the organisation.
Who should attend?
For anyone who is looking for another or a better job.
Typically, you will learn how to:
- Understand the difference between a bad CV and an attention grabbing CV
- Apply your positive achievements to applications made
- Plan and prepare for interviews and tests
- Understand the impact of body language on the decision making process
- Practise your interview technique for maximum impact
We offer training in the following areas. For more information about any of these areas, please click on the links below:
- Appraisal Skills (for Appraisers and Appraisees)
- Assertiveness Skills
- Coaching Skills / Coaching & Developing People
- Facilitation Skills
- Innovative Problem Solving / The Creative Manager
- Leadership Skills
- Questioning & Listening Skills
- Management Development Programmes
- Modular Management Programmes – team leader to Director level
- Managing Meetings / Running and Chairing Meetings
- Minute Taking Skills
- Negotiating Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Selection Interviewing Skills – competency based interviewing / Recruitment and Selection
- Supervisory Skills
- Team Building
- Thriving Under Pressure – Stress Management
- Time Management
- Train the Trainer