Achieving results through the work of other people is a key part of every manager’s job and the principal tool in this process is the annual employee performance appraisal. Used effectively it enables you to agree with each employee the quality and quantity of the work they can achieve, identify the training and development experience they require to carry out their job and motivate them to reach the agreed targets.
This workshop will enable you to consider the most effective methods of achieving higher performance and more demanding targets from your employees.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to carry out reviews of the work and performance of others.
Typically, you will learn how to:
- Conduct structured and participative appraisal interviews to develop your employees
- Understand how to deal with ‘problem’ employees
- Provide constructive and developmental feedback to others
- Have a framework for providing each member of staff with a training and development plan
- Set effective targets/objectives
- Develop your interview skills to enable more effective reviews
Here’s what recent participants have said about this course:
“The Development Company has been instrumental in the successful development of Appraisal Training for Cranfield University since 1998. The dynamic and flexible approach to participants needs has ensured that over the last four years there has been increasing emphasis on the motivational aspects of appraisals. The coaching style used in such sessions has stimulated staff to seek innovative solutions for dealing with their staff and increased their commitment to the process.”
– Lynn Horsnell, Personnel Policy, Resourcing & Employee Relations Manager, Cranfield University
Please select an option below for more information.
A typical course
- Feedback Skills
- Appraisee Skills
- Agreeing Effective Objectives
- Repertory Grid For Job Analysis and Review
- The Psychology of Managing Performance
- Supporting The Performance Management Process
For more information about our tailored training courses
call 01604 810 801 or click here to contact us.