This training for trainers qualification programme provides attendees with the knowledge and skills required to design and deliver a range of training activities in the workplace.
Trainers will be given the opportunity to practice and develop their skills in a supportive environment with individual feedback.
This training for trainers qualification will enable those employed in training, assessment or vocational education to gain entry into the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning as an Associate Member.
The programme will enable individuals to assemble and deliver sound, effective training sessions and events. It will provide a solid foundation from which individuals may progress onto further learning and development professional programmes such as the Certificate in Training and Development and the Advanced Certificate in Training and Occupational Learning.
A maximum of 6 attendees can be accommodated with one facilitator on this programme.
Training for Trainers Foundation Certificate in Staff Development
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of this programme attendees will be able to:
- Identify the immediate learning needs of individuals
- Write learning aims and objectives in accordance with best practice
- Analyse tasks and design training activities to facilitate the learning of those tasks
- Instruct on a one to one or small group basis using appropriate demonstration and constructive feedback skills
- Facilitate a group training session which uses activities such as role play, simulation or group discussion
- Assess and evaluate immediate learning.
In order to qualify for the award of a training for trainers Foundation Certificate in Staff Development the attendee must:
- Fully attend and complete the programme
- Maintain an appropriate form of workbook or learning log which has been assessed as satisfactory by the lead tutor
- Demonstrate their training skills during the programme to a satisfactory level against criteria specified by the lead tutor.
Open course price £700 (plus VAT) per person.
This training for trainers qualification can be delivered in-house for groups of up to 6 people. Alternatively you can book a place on an open course.
Open Course Location: Milton Keynes (Click here to book a place on this course)
Contact us for a quote for delivering this course in-company.
(Each day runs from 09.00 to 17.00)
09.00 Introductions and Course Admin
Discussion about the Qualifications framework
Course objectives and timetable
How you will be assessed on this course
Learning log – Provision of and instruction on how to use in this course
How people learn
Maslow – Four stages of learning
Left brain and right brain thinking
Factors to take into consideration when helping people to learn
Use of the five senses
Identification of Training Needs
Identifying the needs of individuals
Methods of analysing tasks
Activity: To analyse a given task
Writing Aims and Objectives
Aims versus objectives
The 3 parts of a behavioural objective
Processes for evaluating your objective
Training Delivery Skills
Introduction, Instruction, Summary
Instruction: Do a Bit; Check a Bit
What to include in the summary
Use of visual aids
What visuals can you use in your session?
Using a flipchart
Dos and Don’ts of Powerpoint
Running Group Activities
Icebreakers and energisers
Training Delivery Practise
Each attendee to prepare and deliver a short training session on a given subject or on a subject they have brought with them to the course. This session will be assessed against the certificate standards.
17.00 End of Programme