Advanced Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals
The Advanced Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals provides a practical programme for experienced learning professionals. It is suitable for people who are seeking to develop their skills in the area of observation and facilitation to an advanced level. It is a natural follow-on from the Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals. Attendees must have attended this programme before enrolling on the Advanced Certificate.
The programme will provide additional in-depth learning on specific models and theories leading to development of an understanding of the implications surrounding each model and options for managing the resultant behaviours.
The Advanced Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals will enhance professional credibility and increase ability and confidence. It will provide a depth of knowledge, understanding and expertise to enable proactive interventions and support, which add value to the organisation or client.
Who Should Attend?
The Advanced Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals follows on from the Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals. Potential candidates for this Advanced Certificate in Psychology must already have completed the Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals.
This programme is recommended for the following groups of people:
- Facilitators who have attended the Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals and are ready to add to their skills
- Trainers and Coaches who have attended the Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals and are ready to add to their skills
The Advanced Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals runs as a facilitated in-house programme only.
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- Identify the key factors which contribute to inter-group conflict
- Choose an approach to the facilitation of each of the 8 preferred team roles
- Analysis the potential conflict risks between each of the different team roles
- Carry out Games Analysis on a given situation
- Use a self-analysis tool to identify your own key stressors and time management issues. You will then use the model to develop your ability to identify these stressors and time management issues in others
- Create and implement a personal development plan from your reflective journal entries
In order to qualify for the award of an Advanced Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals the participant must:
- Fully attend and complete the programme
- Maintain a reflective facilitation journal that has been assessed as satisfactory by the Programme Leader
- Carry out a minimum of two live group facilitation activities which will be recorded in their reflective facilitation journal
- Demonstrate a high level of self-awareness (Emotional Intelligence) and effects of own behaviour on others throughout the programme and adapt as necessary
- Complete an assignment relating to the programme. The precise nature of the assignment and the criteria for assessment are to be determined by the group with appropriate guidance by the Programme Leader.
The programme consists of a 2 day module with a final assignment.
(Each day runs from 09.15 to 17.00)
Icebreaker and Review
- Review of experiences as a result of attending Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals
- Activity – ABXY
- Review with flipcharts
- Group review using models covered on previous programme
An exercise which looks at the psychology of behaviour between groups and the issues leading to conflict which need to be managed
Group to manage this session by identifying learning outcomes and managing the process towards achieving them
Followed by review and analysis of the experience
Facilitator to observe using Sociogram
One group member to observe using group observation form
Group Observation Review
- Share observations with the group
- Review egostates and transactions
- Discuss Stroking
- Introduce OK Corral
- Introduce Games
TA Self Analysis
- In pairs – look at how the egostates are being reflected in your behaviour when facilitating
- Complete questionnaire
- Analysis and review
Review of entire programme
- Group to decide how to do this
- Agree assignment date and format
Contact us to discuss how we can tailor this programme and the Certificate in Psychology for Learning Professionals to the needs of your facilitation team.