Almost every day, in every aspect of business; selling, buying or dealing with contractors, we can give and take to agree a deal. The skilled negotiator always achieves much more without upstaging the other party. Everyone, whether new to negotiating or a seasoned veteran, must attend this course. The skills you gain benefit you for a lifetime.
Who should attend:
Directors, managers and executives whose role requires them to negotiate with customers, suppliers and others.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the concept of ‘win/win’ negotiations
- Plan and prepare their negotiations
- Use a range of negotiating skills to close deals effectively and avoid deadlock
- Develop their negotiating skills to work with tradables and conditions
Specific course content:
- Preparing for the negotiation – get your strategy right
- Negotiating tactics
- Questioning the other party
- Making acceptable proposals
- Achieving a conclusion beneficial to both parties
This workshop uses video cameos showing typical negotiating situations to highlight good and bad tactics. It is a highly participative course, based around the needs of each individual attending.
This course is based on research by Dr Gavin Kennedy and adapted from his book Everything is Negotiable (all attendees receive a copy).