Performance management is an essential part of any manager’s role and a vital skill in communicating standards of performance, change, praise and constructive criticism is feedback. Effective feedback ensures there is a shared understanding of the level of performance, and how that can continue or be enhanced.
This course looks at the role of feedback in the performance management cycle: participants will develop their confidence in giving feedback via a range of activities and role plays.
Who should attend?
Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers: anyone who manages staff and would like to refresh their feedback skills.
Typically, you will learn how to:
- Understand the role of feedback in managing the performance of staff
- Develop your feedback skills for application in a variety of situations
- Communicate with people in a positive manner using assertive body language and listening skills
- Communicate with all people in a way which matches the receivers’ preferred communication style
- Go away with an action plan with areas for personal development
Please select an option below for more information.
A typical course
- Feedback Skills
- Appraisee Skills
- Agreeing Effective Objectives
- Repertory Grid For Job Analysis and Review
- The Psychology of Managing Performance
- Supporting The Performance Management Process
For more information about our tailored training courses
call 01604 810 801 or click here to contact us.